Πέμπτη 19 Οκτωβρίου 2017

'I'm not gonna post again' he says. *coughfuckinidiotcough*


So my handle, 'tabula rasa' was supposedly chosen coz I had the notion that that's what I was once; as a lil bebeh. And growing up, playing the role of the Painter, the Paint and the Canvas, I would gradually fill in the white empty space with colour and shape and design. 

Only problem is, no one taught me how to draw.

So I spent years filling the canvas with clumsy brush strokes and shaky lines, and badly mixed colours that usually ended up shades of mud. When I stood back to admire it, I didn't really like what I was looking at. Thankfully, the space I had used up until that point was just a corner.

I started a different corner, with different paints and different brushes, using what I had learned to make something prettier. And It sort of worked, but that first muddy corner was still there. So I kept painting the Pretty colours until I ended up painting all the way to the Mud. I started contemplating painting over it. But when the pretty colours met the Mud, the Mud started to make sense. And the Pretty colours became Beautiful.

I still don't like looking at the Mud, but at least I understand it. I want it there. Because I forget sometimes. 


If you ever feel like you're taking one step forward, two steps back, then turn around and do the moonwalk.

Catch me on the flip side.


Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου